Divine HomeCare Solutions was established to provide care and support for people across a range of services and has grown to become one of the leading local provider of healthcare services, hence, our live-in service was put in place to complement the existing home care service.
We assist our clients to achieve this by supporting them in the areas of life with which they need assistance. Whatever their needs, we work closely with each of our clients to develop a personal support plan which offers flexibility and control to allow them to remain in their own home as independently as possible while being fully supported by a live-in carer. We provide live-in services across the whole of South West England.
Since our inception we have seen that having a dedicated carer in your home, who totally understands you and your needs, brings great reassurance and peace of mind.
With managed live-in care, Divine HomeCare Solutions will take an active role in all aspects of the care you or your loved one receives. Our fully managed live-in care service will assess, organise and monitor your care, as well as an interview, train, employ and pay your live-in carers’ tax, national insurance.
Our introductory/ self-managed live-in service is available as an alternative to families who wish to have a more hands-on approach. We introduce self-employed live-in carers, who are directly managed by you for an agreed period of time. This service tends to be used by people who are able to manage their own care and whose needs are more about companionship or smaller amounts of personal care. The live-in carers are self-employed and are responsible for paying their own tax and National Insurance contributions. A proportion of the weekly cost of live-in care is paid to us and covers the administration and management fees.
We are unable to influence care delivery or manage personal support plans as part of the introductory live-in service care plan. However, this can be facilitated through our fully managed live-in, CQC regulated service.
We know how important it is to find someone who understands your individual needs and lifestyle. Our aim is to provide you with a live-in carer that will not only provide the care or support that is required, but also matches your lifestyle to ensure you can continue to live the life you are accustomed to.
We value each step you take in the journey of choosing a live-in care and we endeavour to make the process as smooth as possible.
Our Live-in Coordinator will visit you at your home to discuss your needs and find out all about you as well as understanding your likes and dislikes. This information is necessary for identifying your unique care needs assessment which then helps us to carefully identify and select a matching live-in carer as well as how much it would cost you per week.
Once you have been assigned a live-in carer they will work with you for a defined period, (usually for up to eight weeks, and then hands over to a relief carer). This is in accordance with a booking schedule managed by a dedicated Live-in Coordinator or Live-in Manager.
What we can help with?
- Household and personal shopping
- Pet care, taking your dogs for a walk or to the vet
- Drive you to visit friends, family, appointments, outings, etc.
- Caring for couples as well as individuals Respite care for families
- Holiday companionship for clients
- Convalescence care
Some of the things the Live-in carer can assist you with include:
- Running your home
- Menu planning, shopping and cooking
- Light domestic tasks eg. washing and ironing
- Pet care
- Personal Care (eg. assistance with dressing/ undressing, washing, showering, bathing and grooming)
- Continence care
- Assistance at mealtimes
- Manual Handling
Some of the conditions we can offer help with include:
- Cardiac conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Neurological conditions
- Complex Health Care Needs
- Palliative Care
- End of Life
Some of the benefits of Managed Live-in care
- Better value for money than a residential home placement
- Better quality of life – more independence, empowerment and companionship
- More personal, intuitive care than a residential home
- Greater wellbeing – support in maintaining healthy eating and an active lifestyle
- Less loneliness and isolation – a live-in carer is someone to share your day with
- Peace of mind for you and your family knowing someone is always there
- Minimal disruption of chosen lifestyle
- Maintaining your personal safety in your own home with its familiar surroundings
- Peace of mind for you, your friends and family, as care is always at hand
- Maintaining contact with friends and neighbours
- Keeping family pets
- Couples can remain living together
Choosing between Live-in Care or Residential/ Care Home
- Surround yourself with home comforts and familiarity
- Live-in care workers support outings and appointments
- One-to-one care
- Continuity and choice of lifestyle
- Choice of menu and mealtimes
- Freedom to have pets at home
- Freedom to receive visitors at home
- Proven to improve social and mental wellbeing
- Move to unfamiliar environment
- Limited support outside the residential home
- Average staff to resident ratio of 1 to 4
- Drastic change of lifestyle
- Set menus and mealtimes
- Communal areas and rules vary
- Times and restrictions vary
About our Live-in Carers
We pride ourselves in introducing live-in carers who undergo a robust recruitment process which includes:
- in-depth interview, either face to face or via skype or similar
- Assess oral and written English skills
- ID verification
- Verifiable references are obtained
- Mandatory training
- Enhanced DBS check
- Overseas police check requested if appropriate
- Live-in carer’s hobbies and interests for purposes of compatibility with the client
Support with choosing a Live-in carer
We have a large pool of live-in carers who are able to provide high quality care for the elderly and people with disabilities throughout the South West of England.
We ensure you or your loved ones are looked after with dedication and compassion taking into account your preferences and choices.
Our team will guide you and support you whilst you make the life enhancing decision to have the support of an experienced live-in carer.
Once you take on our service our professional team will remain in regular contact with you throughout the duration of the contract as well as make appropriate changes as and when necessary.
Why Divine HomeCare Solutions Live-in Care is your best choice?
We take great pride in being able to deliver high quality care from the comfort of your own home by introducing experienced live-in carers.
With a committed, dedicated and compassionate team to support you throughout this journey, we want you to feel confident in your decision.
We are committed to improving the quality of life of our clients by introducing experienced live-in carers who can provide the necessary support to enable you to live with dignity and independence at home.
By choosing our service, you will receive a service that will prove to be personal, trusted and caring. With over 20 years’ experience and multiple awards, we are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and have held a ‘GOOD’ rating consistently. This demonstrates a high level of reassurance and peace of mind in knowing that you will be receiving the highest standards of care.
We take into account your wishes, preferences and choices in order to introduce the best live-in carers possible. Regardless of the level of service (ie. respite or 24-hour live-in care) we can find the perfect carer that will fit in with you and your family.
Divine HomeCare Solutions Live-in Care and Technology
To know you are in safe hands and to be able to check your records wherever, whenever, will be a huge relief. Naturally, you and your loved ones will want to be alerted if your care plan has changed and you want to be sure that records are safe and secure. This is why we have invested in our new digital OPEN PASS system.
The app enables us to maintain the highest standards of care for all of our clients with continuous updates to their care activities and records.
Some of the key benefits of the OPEN PASS system as follows:
- Transparency: Get a true insight in to the care you are receiving.
- Responsive: The live feed notifies your care team to any changes and alerts
- Safety: Digital records are stored as encrypted data meaning you have security over your confidential information.
- Remote Access: View notes, anywhere, at any time. Care notes can be accessed on smartphones and tablets which is perfect if you are out and about.
Thank you so much for looking after our lovely neighbour. She was grateful to all of the team who came to see her. You are such a lovely caring team, we got to know and love you all.
Thank you also for supporting our abseil down Wells Cathedral.
Love to you all.Bet & Derek Smith
To Divine Home Care,
On behalf of my mother may we express thanks for the care that you gave her. The only one I met was Jane in the evening, but please give all the ladies our thanks. As an old age pensioner like many, she can be reluctant to take advice, however, after spending time with your team she has gone back to taking her medicine to help with her infection and to ease her suffering.Mark
Milly, Becky, Sarah, Dorothy and all the other lovely ladies who cared for our mum in her home in Bath. Your kindness and care were so appreciated – we will never forget you!Fiona & Paula
Our Fees for the Managed Live-In Service
Divine HomeCare Solutions Live-in Care, we pride ourselves in providing simple and transparent pricing for our high-quality, well-trained Live-in carers. Since we offer a bespoke service, we provide an accurate pricing quotation once we have completed a full assessment of your needs.
We are pleased that DH are now looking after our nan, their carers are a breath of fresh air. They introduced our nan to only 2 carers unlike the previous agency and they have made it easy for the family and nan to continue to live in her own home. We have referred our neighbour to DH due to their excellent service.Client Relative (JH) Domiciliary Care